Announcing Fall Dance Camps!
Starting September 16th we are excited to offer a weekly (every Wednesday) camp. This weekly camp will run until November 18th in Strawberry, Mill Valley.
CAMP HOURS: 9:00am to 2:00pm with early and late care available.
Joy of Dance Ballet School offers a wonderful, fanciful, creative Fall camp program. This inspiring camp welcomes boys and girls and uses themes from famous ballets such as Peter and the Wolf and Cinderella to expose campers to music, choreography and art experiences that broaden their understanding of dance, art and themselves.
Our sessions have no more than 10 children in attendance so there is ample individual attention for each camper.
We provide a lovely environment in a ballet studio with barres at Strawberry Recreation Center, Mill Valley and at Harmonia, Sausalito The Children are instructed in daily classical ballet class with Ms. Jacqueline, the director. Other activities include outside play, art class projects related to ballets we are studying, theatre and dress up games and creating our own rendition of the ballet “du jour.”
Our mission is to offer a camp that awakens young dancers to the beauty, grace and joy of ballet, while being creative, and HAVING LOTS OF FUN!!
- Teacher: Jacqueline Low has over 38 years of experience as a ballet and modern dancer, teacher and choreographer.
- Where: Strawberry Recreation Center, Mill Valley and Harmonia, Sausalito
- Ages: 3 through 5
- Clothing: Girls 3-5 wear pink tights, pink ballet shoes, a pink leotard, and a pink ballet skirt.
- Boys wear black sweat pants and t-shirt with black ballet slippers
- All children need to bring a change of clothes, and art smock to camp every day.
- Children bring their own bag lunch and a snack.
- Early and Extended childcare can be arranged by contacting Jacqueline.
Typical Daily Schedule
- 9:00 – 10:00am – Welcome children, talk about the day and week. Ballet stretching and strengthening exercises. Fun theater exercises to bring the group together.
- 10:00 – 11:00am – Ballet class
- 11:00- 12:00am – Snack… outside play… dress up creative play
- 12:00 -12:30pm – Lunch
- 12:30 – 1:00pm – Either watch a DVD or read stories about the ballet of the week
- 1:00 – 2:00pm – Art Projects. free dance time. Pick-up
Register below or Call Jacqueline at 415-887-9346 with any questions
Fall 2015 Camps
|Day and Time||Description||Dates and Price|
9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
|At Strawberry Rec Center in Mill Valley. Ages 3 – 10||October 14th – Dec. 9th
8 Wednesdays, $720.00