Proper ballet attire is important for your child. It helps the student feel comfortable and connected to the class. It signals to the students that it is time to focus and listen to their teacher. Below are the dress codes for children’s studio ballet classes at Joy of Dance Ballet School.
- Girls who are in Earliest Ballet, Pre-Ballet, and Ballet Preparatory need to wear pink leotards, pink tights, pink ballet slippers, and pink ballet skirts.
- Girls who are in Primary Ballet I and Primary Ballet II need to wear a light blue leotard and skirt, pink tights, and pink ballet slippers.
- Girls in the Ballet Performance Workshop (by invitation only) need to wear a lavender leotard, lavender skirt, pink ballet tights, and pink ballet slippers.
- Boys in any class need to wear black sweatpants or tights, white t-shirt, and black ballet slippers.
- Tap dancers must bring tap shoes to class.
All dance wear can be purchased at D’Lynn’s which is in San Rafael on 4th Street. Just mention that your child studies at Joy of Dance Ballet School and they will fit them in the proper attire. I strongly recommend that you bring your child into the store to be fitted, especially for ballet slippers. There is also a dance shop on Union Street in San Francisco.
Adult Ballet Attire: Adults can wear ballet or yoga clothes of their choice. Ballet slippers are required on the dance floor.